The Open Door Mission accepts all types of gently used clean and usable clothing donations at our Caring Center.
24/7 Self-Serve Drop off Shed Locations
Open Door Mission Caring Center
Trinity Communion Church, 759 Winona Blvd. Rochester, NY 14617
Perinton Community Church - 636 High Street Extension, Fairport, NY 14450
Cross Creek Church - 3527 Vienna Street, Palmyra NY 14522
Webster Christian Reformed Church - 1344 State Road, Webster, NY 14589
Calvary Automation Systems /Gold's Gym - 855 Publishers Parkway, Webster, NY 14580
Recylcing Makes Cents - 218 Jefferson Road, Brighton, NY 14623
Mendon Presbyterian Church - 936 Cheese Factory Road, Honeoye Falls, NY 14472
|Clothing Articles Needed||
All items should be clean and in good working order, something you might give to a friend. Please pack all small items in boxes or bags and pack fragile items carefully. Be kind to our volunteers' backs by making sure boxes are not too heavy!
Donated Items We Encourage
- Clothing for the whole family; including gently used underwear, socks and footwear.
- Bed, bath and kitchen linens.
- Pots, pans, dishes, mugs, glasses and utensils.
- Small appliances including; clocks, radios, DVD & CD players, small TV's, crockpots, coffee makers, rice pots, griddles, electric fry pans, roasters, toasters, microwave and toaster ovens, mixers & blenders, electric can openers.
For health and safety reasons, or due to a lack space, we regrettably cannot accept the following:
· Bed frames, box springs, mattresses
· Furniture, sofa’s, tables, chairs, recliners, lamps, end tables
· Any liquids or anything with a gas motor
· Ovens, stoves, refrigerators, freezers
· Sinks, toilets and bathtubs
· Large entertainment center
· Non-flat screen television or computer monitor
· Pianos or organs
· Older exercise equipment
· Mini blinds, drapes, vertical shades or traverse rods
· Driveway basketball pole, all sporting goods
· Vehicle tires
· Video’s and DVD’s
· Non-religious books, magazines, textbooks, encyclopedias
· Medical equipment, wheel chairs, crutches, walkers
· Nutritional drinks, vitamin supplements, Ensure
· Computers, PC Monitors, Printers, scanners, fax machines, house phones, cell phones
· Construction material new or used
· Stained/torn apparel, used underwear or socks, worn out footwear
· Golf clubs, shoes, bags and accessories
· Artificial Christmas trees, indoor/outdoor Christmas lights and/or decorations
· All used toys, board games, plush and /or stuffed toy animals