The Open Door Mission accepts all manner of food donations at our Caring Center.
Open Door Mission Caring Center
156 N. Plymouth Avenue
Rochester, New York 14608
Food donation drop off hours are Monday through Sunday 9:00am to 10:00pm.
Please keep the following in mind when selecting food items to be donated:
- Perishable items like milk, breakfast cereal, eggs, cheese, and meats are always needed..
- All canned food items.
- All prepared boxed food items.
- Restaurants and catering services should contact food services prior to delivery if possible.
- Planning your vegetable garden? Remember The Mission when you can't figure out what to do with those extra tomatoes.
- NON-PERISHABLE FOOD ITEMS AS WELL AS LEFT OVERS AFTER YOUR PARTIES AND CATERED EVENTS.
Donation Pick-Up Policy
For many years, we have picked up donations from residential areas. Regrettably, due to rising costs, the Mission can no longer afford to offer this service. As you know, we do NOT sell your donations in a thrift store. We GIVE all your donations away!
We are sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause, but we hope you will appreciate our ongoing effort to exercise “good stewardship” of your gifts to help the needy in our community.
Please drop off your donations of gently used clothing and household goods at our Caring Center, located at 156 N. Plymouth Ave., Monday through Friday 8:00am - 7:00pm and Saturdays 9:00am - 5:00pm. Pick ups may still be considered on a case-by case basis. To inquire, please call weekdays at (585) 454-6696 x107.